Take a look at what people are saying about
MR. & MRS. AMERICAN PIE.
- Librarian Betty Martin of NPR's KRCU picked MR. & MRS. AMERICAN PIE as one of her Martin's Must-Reads, further solidifying my belief that we all need to obey librarians more.
- I talk with the incredibly kind people at the Baltimore County Public Library and explain why Friday is the best day, and what my grandpa felt I could learn from Lucille Ball.
- Look who's on the LaunchPad Young and Hungry List this year..... It's an honor to be among so many great writers. (And I am often quite peckish.)
- Fellow author Erica O'Rourke interviewed me for Cook Memorial Library's Authors Out Loud podcast. You can also hear it on SPOTIFY.
- It was great talking to Sharil Dewa at Malaysia's Star2.com. Sharil also reviewed the book.
- Fun was had by all at Cook Memorial Library's Authors Out Loud reading of Mr. & Mrs. American Pie. Here's photographic proof.
- Author Deborah Kalb talked to me about influences, researching the 1960s, and what went into making Maxine a hot mess with a heart of gold. (Deborah's Book Q&As blog is incredible. All your favorite authors are there!)
- I offered up some tips on doing historical research for We Heart Writing.
- WGN's Justin Kaufmann talks to Chicago author and screenwriter Juliet McDaniel: "We are starting to get to the point where female characters are allowed to be really complicated and messy."
- From the Los Angeles Public Library's Blog: Interview with an Author
- SheReads.com: 21 Books to Read Before the End of Summer
- Refinery29: Brilliant Books to Bring to the Beach this Summer
- Spine.co: "The Writer's Practice: Juliet McDaniel" by Susanna Baird
- Booklist.com: Starred Review for Mr. & Mrs. American Pie
- Hollywood Reporter: "Rights Available: Brady Bunch Fashion with a Time's Up Vibe"